Thursday 6 June 2013

AGAR-AGAR OREO

The Milo-Oreo Agar-Agar.


 POINT TO PONDER

Taken from DON'T BE SAD

           'The past is lost forever, and that which is hoped for is from the unseen, 
             So all that you have is the present hour.'

If one keeps on lamenting or even thinking about the things that happened in the past, it is really a waste of time. Time should be used wisely as to turn back the clock is  something which is impossible to do. 

I often get offended or humiliated with others' doings. Typically, I keep on thinking about the incidents. It will go on for days sometimes. 

I should be telling myself - Don't bother myself. If it is not something that can be put right, leave it and move on.

THE INGREDIENTS

Agar-agar strips (one small packet will do. Soak them first.)
Water (Just enough to 'drown' the agar-agar.)
6 tablespoons of sugar
A pinch of salt (this is just me.)
1 tin of evaporated milk
3 or 4 cups of milo
1 packet of Oreo.

1. Boil the agar-agar. Once it is ready, check the liquidity. it should be a bit sticky.
2. Add in the evaporated milk, salt and sugar.  Stir well.
3. Divide the agar-agar into two containers: the first one, add in the milo.
4. Pour in half of the Milo mixture into the mould. (Preferably a square container.)Let it cool a bit.
5. Then, pour in the second mixture.
6. Break each Oreo into half and arrange them nicely into the mould.
7. When the second layer is slightly hardened, pour in the second half of the Milo mixture.

Your Agar-Agar is ready.

MY THOUGHTS

 It is interesting making this. I broke many rules. For instance, everybody knows that you should not put in hot stuff into the fridge. I broke that rule as I was in a hurry to harden the agar-agar.

My agar-agar was boiled in a Vision pot. So the mixture took a long time to harden and I also left them on the hot stove.

No comments:

Post a Comment