Sunday 29 January 2012

Pasar Pandan, Johor, Malaysia - FOOD SPOTS

MY THOUGHTS
My twins did not get the kind of results that I wanted. I was so disappointed and took out my anger on them. This is of course wrong. When I realised it, I seeked their apology and explained to them.
I believe that everything happens with a reason. There must be a good reason why God does not allow my sons to get the results that we wanted.
The good thing is that they are still with me - to love, to hug and to talk to. Perhaps, the bond between us is not strong enough for us to be apart. If they had had the desired results, we weren't surely be together most of the time.

LOCATION
You should go to Pasar Pandan. It is a corner shop and from the shop you could actually see the wet market. It is called Restoran Mem.
From the main road, you need to drive further in.

THE FOOD
Nasi Goreng Kampung is its speciality - the taste is out of the world.

Nasi Goreng Kampung
As the restaurant is very near to the wet market, the prawns served are really fresh. The fried rice should be eaten hot too and together with the sambal belacan. Sambal belacan is a home-made thick sauce. It is made out of belacan (prawn cake?) and chilli. The two main ingredients are pounded together with salt, sugar and other secret stuff. Each person has their own unique style making the sambal belacan.

No comments:

Post a Comment