Saturday 23 June 2012

Macaroni: Baked

Point to Ponder
Sometimes you wonder what is important in your life - your career or your children. I was confused initially or perhaps so much influenced by colleagues at work. Many of them believe that one should work hard so that one can be promoted very fast or have the highest qualification for recognition purposes. 

Before this, that was what I wanted - to be DH 54 with PhD before I retire. However, after a while - especially after a number of incidents, I realise that my priority should be my children. They should come first. I should make sure that they are prepared for adulthood. They are prepared to join the working life.

I believe that if Phd is mine, I will get it. If DH 54 is mine, I will get it.

The Ingredients
Macaroni (I used Sem Remo. You should boil the whole packet. Once it is ready, drain out the water and leave it in the pot.)
2 medium-sized carrots (cut the carrots into cubes. Reasonably small ones.)
2 medium-sized onions (cut them into cubes as well.)
lamb (slightly more than half a kilo. Cut it into small pieces.)
A man-thumb-sized ginger, 5 cloves of garlic, one onion (blend them)
Cummin /Jintan Kasar (blend this dry or pound this)
Cheedar chesee (make sure it has been cut to small pieces. You should have slightly half of the cereal bowl. )
Cream crackers (pound them but it should not be so fine)
White pepper
Salt
Evaporated milk (only half of the tin)
Chilli Boh (2 tablespoons)
2 eggs (beat them well)
How to do this?? Very easy. Put the lamb, macaroni, carrots, onions together. Then add in cummin, the blended ginger, onion and garlic. Do not forget the salt and white pepper. These two, you should add them to your liking. Mix everything well. Once done, add in the evaporated milk and and half of the cheese. Put in a little bit of the cream crackers as well. . Once the mixture is mixed well, pour it into the Pyrex square casing. A big sized one. Press the top part a bit making sure all the spaces are covered with macaroni. then sprinkle the rest of the cream crackers and cheese on top of the mixture. Pour the beaten eggs nicely on top. Then put it into the oven. Leave it for about 40 minutes with 190.

Reminder - The oven must be preheated for 20 minutes. Preheated means you have the temperature in full at 20 minutes. This will help to clean the oven.

My Opinion
My hubby likes it. As for my second daughter, it goes without saying. As she was about to put in her second spoonful of macaroni, she murmured "sedapnya" Hearing that I was happy.

I made the Baked Macaroni because I was pretty lazy to be in kitchen. It took me only a few minutes to prepare.

No comments:

Post a Comment