Thursday 14 June 2012

COUGHING REMEDY

COUGHING REMEDY

MY THOUGHTS
Today I found out how naughty my boys have been - especially the twins. Both, being 13, think that they could get away with anything under the sun. They have forgotten the fact that their mother was young at one time and, I have to admit, I was as challenging as they were too. 
Sorry boys but I had to whack you up. I really do not want you to have any regrets in your lives especially when you are so immature and unable to make good decisions. Believe me, whacking you up really hurt me but I have to do it. Judging with the way other parents let go of their children - the freedom they bestow upon their children - I could not do the same as these children keep on making mistakes and laugh about it without realising that they are heading no where near the light. 

THE REMEDY
My younger sister taught me this. 
Fresh milk - Pour a mug full of fresh milk into the pot and add a teaspoon of powdered turmeric. 
                   Boil the mixture but do not forget to keep on stirring. 
Honey -      Once the mixture is boiled, pour it back into the mug. Add a tablespoon of honey and stir. 
Drink it while it is hot. 

According to my sister in which she got the remedy from her doctor, the mixture helps with the phlegm. My experience was, after drinking it twice - we had it before we went to sleep - I vomited.     

POINTS TO PONDER
 One of the Ustazs in my department explains that honey does wonders to one's health. However, it should not be taken on its own. If you wish to have it, you must mix it with plain water. 

Another Ustaz states that mixing the water with honey has its own method. If you wish to take the honey for health purposes, then the honey should be added into the mug before pouring the water. However, if it is for coughing, then the honey should be added after the water.  

No comments:

Post a Comment