Monday 16 May 2011

Soup: Mutton

My hubby wanted soup and he missed the mutton soup. I was expected down town at 6 pm (Of all the time, they had to choose 6 pm. Very close to Maghrib.) Just before I left for the meeting, I went to Tesco to get the soup ingredient. Luckily, they had all that I wanted. (Instructed my maid to boil the meet. Making sure they would be really tender.)
I do apologize as I am unable to show you how the dish looks like as I was so hungry totally forgot to snap it. (Came back from the so-called meeting and I rushed to the kitchen. Luckily, I was given leave by God. So I took the opportunity to cook.)
The Ingredients:

  • A small tray of cut up mutton (I bought the frozen one. It was not that expensive. I paid it for RM7 to RM8)
  • A small tray of tender cut up beef (It was the same - frozen. Again, it was somewhere between RM7 and RM8.)
  • Water (Put all the above in a pot that could take about 4 litre of water. Let it boil for at least 40 minutes)
  • black pepper, Onion, a thumb-sized ginger (pound them.)
  • star anise, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom (just enough. Be extra careful with cloves though. Too much will spoil the broth. I love more of star anise.)
  • carrot, potato, celery, onion (cut them up)
  • tomatoes
  • lemon (half of it would be enough)
  • salt
  • sup punjut / paste for sup ekor

No comments:

Post a Comment