Monday 9 May 2011

Telur Bungkus

I fasted today. Typically, at work, when I was dead bored ( I attended a course on SPSS. Occasionally, the facilitator babbled about things which were concerning Viva. That was when I started to dream off.) I thought of things to eat when I broke my fast. Thought of many things but at the end, I decided on telur bungkus.
I didn't have the recipe. (though I have eaten it a few times.) So, as expected, I turned to our most reliable source - Mr Internet. Under mesra.net, I found the recipe that I wanted.
How did it turn out to be? My eldest son was so stunned with the taste as when he put a mouthful into his mouth, he shouted 'Wah! That is great.' I was rather shocked and at the same time really happy.

The ingredients: (the order tells you what should go in first)

a) the filling

  •   garlic (slice it finely and fry them)  
  • mince meat (if you get the one in the tube - I used tesco product - you should use only 1/4)
  • ginger (pound the thumb-sized ginger)
  • onion (slice it finely)
  • daun ketumbar (2 stalks should enough. Slice them)
  • tomatoes ( need two. Cut them in cubes)
  • peas (I used the can one - one small can.)
  • tomato paste (two lump tablespoon)
  • oyster sauce (One tablespoon - not too much)
  • salt
  • black pepper (not a lot. I use the black pepper container and just merely shake three times.)

b) the wrappers
for both bottom and upper, you just make the ordinary omelette.
(for each side)

  • two eggs
  • salt
  • white pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment