Saturday 13 August 2011

Kuey Teow

My eldest son requested for Fried Kuey Teow.Since the other two sons screamed for it as well, I had no choice but to go to TESCO for the missing ingredients.( It is a good thing that TESCO is just 5 minutes drive.Very convenient)

INGREDIENTS:
Chilli Boh (Need to add a little bit more garlic. Fry it but do not use too much oil.)
slices of chicken Flesh (Add this into the wok)
Half peeled prawns (This is important as it sweetens the dish but add this when you see that the chicken is about to cook.)
cuttlefish (This should be added towards the end as if you cook it too long it will harden.)
Kuey Teow noodle (Need to separate the pieces first before you add them in an I usually rinse them a bit.)
Beansprout (I peel off the ends. Having a lot of kids make your life in the kitchen easier. Things that you do not like to do like peeling off the ends of beansprout - just get the kids to do it.)
soya Sauce (I use Cap KIPAS LEMAK MANIS. To me, it tastes better than other brands.)
white pepper (To make it spicy. Mix them well.)
Garnish the dish with slices of spring onions, slices of red chilli and fried shallots.

No comments:

Post a Comment