Tuesday 15 October 2013

Dalca: Vegetarian

POINT TO PONDER


Sometimes, the so-called adults behave like children. We are immature and do not consider other people's feelings. We shout and scream when other people do not give us what we want. Yet, we want people to see us, the adults, as the wise ones, the mature ones.

                  This reminds me of ...an incident when I was young. My mother invited her siblings' families over for dinner. I was so excited. I wanted to make the dinner a memorable one. So, I started to rearrange my room for a game. There were a few stations and each station had a clue and something to do.

                   We had fun playing and eating. When the time came for my cousins to leave, one of them took my clue. I went after him and shouted for him to return in which, being a child, he refused. The clue was just a piece of paper and I could easily make another one but, again being a child, I shouted for the return of my clue. My aunties and my mummy helped to get the clue back. Once they found out that it was just a piece of paper, they were rather displeased. No one understood, at that time, that the piece of paper meant something to me. Being a child, I was pretty possessive with the things that I own.

                   I believe that is why the Muslims in Malaysia are pretty upset with the Christians who insist on using the term that is so dear to them. They have been using it since it first began. The term appears in Quran many times. The Quran is written in Arabic and that is actually the first language of Islam. As for the Bible, I wonder, does it have the term in its original version? The original version of the Bible, I believe, is in Latin? Does it have it?

                   Why do we wish to torment others if the other party really is sensitive over it? If we do not like to be hurt, we should not hurt others too. However, most of us, I find, are rather selfish. "What about me?" they would usually say.

                   There was this person who hurt me badly. When I confronted that person, she could not understand why I was upset. The only that she was thinking of was herself. "What about me?" she said. The best thing of all, I did not do anything to her. When I asked her, she said it was merely my aura. She did not even have the courage to get to know me and yet she could judge me.

 Tst!  tst! tst!

INGREDIENTS


One cup of dhal
2 Carrots (slice them)
one Brinjal (cut it bite size)
2 potatoes (cut into six or four - depending on the size of the potatoes)
3 green Chillies

Pound the following:
1 inch of ginger
2 garlics
1 onion

curry leaves
bunga cengkih, bunga lawang and cinnamon
1 teaspoon of mustard seeds

oil
sugar and salt

1. Boil the dhal until it is really soft. It takes about 30 minutes or so.
2. Then, add in the carrots, brinjal, green chillies and potatoes.
3. In a hot pan, pour in the oil.
4. Add in the biji sawi.
5. After the biji sawi starts popping, add in bunga cengkih, bunga lawang and cinnamon.
6.  Then put in the pounded ingredients into the pan.
7. Finally, the curry leaves.
8. Leave it for about 1 minute. Then, pour it into the dhal mixture.
9. Add in sugar and salt.

MY THOUGHTS

I got this recipe from the internet. It is really nice. I had it with Nasi Briani but you could also eat it with chapatti.

No comments:

Post a Comment