Saturday 12 October 2013

Vegetable: Sayur Keladi Rebus

POINT TO PONDER

My husband had a dizzy spell when he was at the gym two days ago. Initially, he announced that he would be going to the gym with our three sons but then, just before he left, he insisted that I came along. ((I refused at first as I wanted very much to read the article that I have printed.)

          The layout of the gym is pretty impressive. They have a few LCDs that play nice movies. So, when you are on the thread-mill, you really enjoy the walk or the run that you are having. The LCDs are also placed in front of the 'bicycles,.

           I was embarrassed at first as the place was filled with young ones. I, with my humongous body, did not really fit the picture. Once my husband had set me up on a thread-mill, everything else seemed to out of my mind. Twenty minutes on the thread-mill, I moved to the 'bicycle' section but my right knee did not allow me to do it for long. Feeling tired, I stationed myself on one of the provided soft bench and started to read the novel that I conveniently tucked in my rucksack.

          It was just a matter of a few pages of reading, my husband place himself next to me. He softly told me that he was not feeling well - a bit dizzy. His body was perspiring profusely. Not knowing what to do, I just looked at him with my novel still in my hands. He took off his glasses and handed it over to me. Right after that, he slowly collapsed.

        I still could not believe such thing could happen to me. It appeared like unreal but my instinct made me pull him to my lap. His body just went limp. Luckily, there were a few youngsters who saw came to our rescue. One person in particular took exercise-cushions and placed my husband's feet on them - to make them higher, according to him. Then, he brought us a bottle of mineral water and asked me to make my husband drink. Twenty minutes later, my husband came around.

         The next day, I did my own research in the net. In actual fact, my husband was experiencing dehydration. Based on my reading, after a few minutes of exercise, one is bound to perspire and thus, one has to drink so as to replace the water that has been released by the body. This part, I did not know. When we went to the gym on that day, we did not bring anything to drink. My husband went on all sorts of exercise equipment without stopping to drink - and that is the biggest mistake.

INGREDIENT


2 Yam complete with its sprouts. (clean them properly. Cut the sprouts about the length of your
                                                       finger. Then, boil them. This is to get rid of the itchy texture.)

2 1/2 fresh chilli
3/4 anchovies
1 onion
(pound on the chilli, anchovies and onion)
10 cups of tamarind juice (you need at least 1/2 cup of tamarind juice.
10 Basil (Daun Selasih)

1. Pour in the tamarind juice into the cooking pot.
2. Add in the pounded ingredients and the sayur keladi.
3. Let it boil. Once boil, turn down the burner.
4. Add in the Basil. It is now ready to be eaten.

MY THOUGHTS

You must be extra careful when you are cooking Sayur Keladi. If you do not boil it first, you will feel itcy in your mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment