Sunday 17 November 2013

Beef: Daging Masak Kicap with Curry

POINT TO PONDER

Lately, I have been very lazy. I do not wish to do anything except lying in bed and watch television. I know it is not good but I keep on doing it.

If I listen to myself talking, I would be very embarassed to admit that I will never achieve whatever I have declared to do. The spirit of hardworking seems to have evaporated. I do not seem to have the drive to do anything except laying in bed and watch television. Books do not interest me anymore.

I have been thinking of doing my PhD at the end of 2014. I have this dream of coaching my three sons - making sure their results for 2014 are good enough for boarding schools. Then, with God's will, my husband will try to get them a place. Having the boys in the boarding school and my girls in the universities, I could definitely concentrate on my studies.

That is a wonderful dream, one would say but can it be materialised as the lazy part of me seems to overpowering my goal, my dream. What am I to do? No one could tell me what to do unless I really push myself to do it.

Dear God, please give the Will to study, the Will to help my sons to excel, the Will to make sure my life...every single one of my children succeed in their lives.

INGREDIENTS

1 kg of beef (cut into bite size)
1 teaspoon of tomato paste
3 tablespoon of curry powder
1 teaspoon of pepper
1/2 cup of soya sauce
2 teaspoons of tamarind.
2 carrots
1 large onion (sliced it thinly)
2 cloves of garlic (sliced it thinly)
1 thumb-sized of ginger (pound it)
2 cups of water
1 teaspoon of vinegar
3 tablespoons of oil

1.Mix the beef with tomato paste,  tamarind juice and pepper. Leave it for 30 minutes.
2. Heat the pot and then pour the oil into the pot.
3. Put in onion and garlic. When you can actually smell the garlic, ....
4. Add in the beef.
5. Pour in the water. Leave it until the beef is tender.
6. Then add in the carrot and vinegar.

MY THOUGHTS

This dish is better eaten with salted fish and hot rice. The gravy should be quite thick. Only then, it will taste good.





No comments:

Post a Comment