Tuesday 5 November 2013

Cake: Banana

POINT TO PONDER

It makes you proud if your children turn out to be good or even better than yourself. My expectations are of course rather high. I want my children to be not only intelligent but also morally good, well-liked, always remember God and a few other good stuff. (Definitely it is not easy being my children.)

As we were walking at a shopping mall, my second daughter said to me if you had not taught me to throw rubbish properly, life would be easier. In her hand, she was holding crumpled plastic and there was no rubbish bin in sight.

INGREDIENTS

240 gram of Ordinary Flour
90 gram of Butter
90 gram of castor sugar
1 cup of mashed banana
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon of soda bicarbonate
2 eggs
1 teaspoon of orange juice
2 tablespoons of milk

1. Using the mixer, mix the sugar and butter until the mixture is really light. ( To test, scoop the mixture. When scooping, if it feels light that means the mixture is ready. The other one is its colour. It should be almost white.)
2. Then add in the eggs. One at a time. (You should break the eggs into a cup first to make sure that the eggs are ok to use.)
3. Sieve in a little bit of the flour.
4. Switch off the mixer. Use just steel spoon.
5. Add in the banana. Scoop it into the mixture or make the number eight. (This way you can make sure that the cake will turn out nice.)
6. Sieve in the flour, baking powder and soda bicarbonate. (Same style of doing it. Scoop or make the number eight.)
7. Pour in the orange juice and milk. Mix it well. (Same style.)
8. Pour the mixture into a container 8 inch x 8 inch which has been coated with margarine or butter.
9. Put the container into the oven which has been preheated at 180 for about 20 to 30 minutes.

MY THOUGHTS

My children love the cake especially when it is hot.

I coated my cake with chocolate and sprinkled some sweets on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment