Sunday 17 November 2013

Chicken Vindaloo

POINT TO PONDER

In his A DOCTOR IN THE HOUSE, Tun talks about a particular person who he seemed to admire at first. In fact, he even thought that the person could be the country's effective leader in the future. Due to this, he tend to brush away any negative thoughts or even negative things that people say about this person until the day when he had to study the evidences himself.

I bet Tun was disheartened with the things that he found out. When I first became a head of a particular department, I too experienced the same thing. There was this person who I thought could go very far and, perhaps, one day took over my position. I did my very best to mould this person but the person, one the other hand had her own agenda.

Behind my back, she wanted to start a coup d'état. Cunningly, she made a great effort to influence a few of my staff against me. It was a non-stop movement. During that time, I felt as if someone had put a plastic bag over my head. I could not breathe and, at times, I felt that I would not be able to survive.

Did I feel like giving up? Many times for sure. However, a word of advice, if you are not doing anything wrong and you are always doing things with good intention, you should hang in there. Perseverance is the word. God will definitely help.

She, on the other hand, has long moved away from the state and, the last time I heard, she is having problem with her second husband. God has His own way of teaching his servants. Like a friend of mine used to say, when something bad happen, you should not take action straight away. At times, we need to let it takes place in its own course.

INGREDIENTS

 1 teaspoon of mustard seeds
1 large onion (slice not so thinly)
1 teaspoon of cummin (blend or pound it)
A thumb-sized of ginger (pound it) 
1 cup of chilli boh
1/2 chicken (cut into medium size)
2 tablespoon of vinegar (use the vegetable type)
2 sprigs of curry leaves
1.5 cup of water
1 teaspoon of sugar and salt
5 tablespoon of oil

1. Heat the pot. Then pour in the oil.
2. Put in the mustard seeds. They will crackle.
3. Add in the chilli boh, ginger and cummin. Stir until the mixture starts to curdle.
4. Put in the chicken and onion. 
5. Pour in the water.
6. Add in the sugar and salt
7. Throw in the curry leaves.
8. It takes about 15 to 20 minutes for the chicken to cook.

MY THOUGHTS

I personally love this dish. It is nice to eat with hot rice. You can have it together with Fried Mixed Vegetables.




No comments:

Post a Comment