Wednesday 27 November 2013

Mee Siam Berkuah (Bee Hoon with Sauce)

POINT TO PONDER

I made a mistake yesterday. I was angry with someone but then my remark which I upload in one of the social network might have hurt others. However, I consider myself lucky as another friend messaged me with an advice. Reading her message, I quickly posted an apology. After that, I just hid my so-called offensive message.

Thinking back, I should not let others ruin my happiness. If people overacting according to my view, I should simply ignore. Can I actually do this? After much practicing, I suppose I can. It would surely take time before I can get the hold of things.

INGREDIENTS

2 1/2 cups of chilli boh
oil
Toufu (cut it into small pieces. Then, deep fry them. The colour should be light brown.)
1 packet of Bee Hoon (You need to soak it in hot water for a few minutes. It will soften but do not let
                                      it be to soft. It should be less then 5 minutes.)
2 1/2 cups of peeled prawns (can replace this with beef as well. You need to boil it first for at least 1
                                            hour. It need to be tender. In fact, you can use the broth to cook as well.
                                            The meat should be cut into small pieces.)
2 cereal bowls of Beansprouts (peel off the ends)
1/2 cup of soya sauce
1/2 cup of oil

1. Heat up the wok.
2. Pour in the oil.
3. Put in the chilli. Fry it until it curdles. You might want to use the broth to keep on frying the chilli
    boh.
4. Put in the prawn or beef.
5. Then, put in the bee hoon, beansprouts, soya sauce and toufu.
6. Mix them well by fanning them (You need to use two ladles in order to do this)

(Sauce)
1 cup of teochu (make sure it is the fine one. If not, you need to pound it.)
3 cloves of fat garlic (slice it thinly)
2 1/2 bowls of water
1 teaspoon of sugar
2 tablespoons of oil

1. Heat up the pot.
2. Put in the garlic. It should become yellowish or until you can smell it.
3. Pour in the teochu.
4. Pour in the water and add in the sugar.
5. Let it boil.

MY THOUGHTS

My eldest son loves it. However, according to my nephew, it is rather too spicy for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment