Monday 13 October 2014

Nasi Lemak

POINT TO PONDER

The latest hand-phone nowadays, most of us call it smartphone, is really a wonderful gadget. My phone, for instance, it can take photos, keep notes, do screenshot and, the best thing of all, allow you to have access to the internet.

With this new phone, a few other individuals thought of whatsapp, weechat, telegram and many more. These software allows us to keep in touch with all our friends who are staying all over the world.

Initially, I was intrigued by these communication software. I was overwhelmed when people invited me to join their communication groups - well-liked was what I thought of myself.

Then, after awhile, I realised that I became too obsessed with it. Every now and then, I would check what my friends were saying or discussing. When I posted things, I really looked forward to my friends' comments.

When the group was small, it was fun - talking, teasing and laughing - but then, when a few others started to join, things changed. Things became so like the real world. I started to notice that people in the group forming their own group - group within the group. There seemed to be a few unwritten rules. Boycott person A and suck up to person B. To make matter worse, some people think that they are more powerful than others and started to reprimand or harass those, who they think, have broken the unwritten rules.

Why do I want to be in their league? I am a person with more class and dignity than them. That was when I decided to exit. Now, I am happier.

Whatsapp, sms or even telegram will only be used if I wish to say something and I should be patient with the response. If the person reply, I am lucky. If the person does not, he or she is simply rude...or better still your lost.

INGREDIENT

3 cups of rice (preferably Basmathi)
6 cups of coconut mik
5 shallots (slice them thinly)
3 garlics (slice them as well)
1 thumb-sized ginger (peel off the other layer and then slice it)
1 lemon grass (cut it short and pound it a bit)
2 daun pandan (make a knot)
1 1/2 tsp of Alba
1 1/2 salt


METHOD
1. Wash the rice. Pour it into the rice cooker.
2. Add in the shallot, garlic, ginger, lemon grass, daun pandan (screwpine), salt and alba.
3. Let it cook.

MY THOUGHTS

Love the smell and the taste of it. You should eat the rice with the following:
- wet cuttlefish assam pedas
- otak-otak
-sliced cucumber
-fried peanuts and anchovies

However, you should not eat too much. You can get very sleepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment