Saturday 23 April 2011

Paella (the western version)

All my children are at home (my hubby as well). It is nice to have the whole family together again.
My Paella in the wok. 
Paella is a dish which my hubby will not fall for as it is not spicy nor is it chilli hot. So should serve this with a special sambal.
The ingredients:
  • chicken (I had the a few chicken flesh - cut them up to bite size. To begin cooking, fry them in hot olive oil. I didn't put a lot of oil though. Once they are brown, take them out.)
  • onion and garlic (slice them and then fry them into hot olive oil)
  • tomatoes, red and green capsicum (dice and pour them into the wok)
  • peas (pour this in)
  • ground turmeric (add this in. I forgot this though. Anyway, put in the fried chicken as well.)
  • rice (add this in.)
  • chicken stock (add just enough to cook the rice but it would better if it is slightly less as the vegetables would produce liquid and too much of liquid would make the rice soft.)
  • mussels and prawns (clean them up. as for the prawn, peel half of the shell. Add them in, once the rice is cooked. 
  • almonds (cut them into flake. Then, add them in.)
  • salt and pepper (serve paella with slices of lemon)

No comments:

Post a Comment