Monday 11 April 2011

Chilli Con Carne

My sons do not like rice that much. So once a week, or sometime if they are lucky, twice a week, I would serve pasta or mashed potatoes or we simply eat soup with bread.

The Chilli Con Carne was still on the stove when I took this photo. You need to leave it to simmer for an hour at least. (I usually refer to my recipe books whenever I wish to cook. However, I do not follow the measurement. I use my instinct most of the time. Does it work. I think so)
So what do we need to cook this?
  • Minced beef (one tube would do. I usually buy the TESCO mince meat)
  • kidney beans (one tin would do) 
  • diced onions (one big onion)
  • nicely sliced chilli (one red chilli)
  • curry paste (half a cereal bowl)
  • tomato soup ((one small tin)
  • salt
  • slightly bruised ginger 
  • butter                                 Fry the onion in the melted butter. Then add in the chilli and curry paste.  After that, add in the minced beef, kidney beans and tomato soup. Salt at the end. Leave it to simmer for an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment