Tuesday 5 April 2011

6th April 2011 - Backdated event

On the 3rd April, I cooked two dishes for dinner: Beef with Mushroom and our common Malay soup. How did they turn out? According to my hubby, they were okay.
Beef with Mushroom
I got this from my mother's collection. Can't tell you the title of the book as the cover has been torn.
The ingredient:
  • beef (should get the tender part. Cut it up to bite size. You are to fry this first. My style anyway. The recipe says that you have to fry the sliced onion first. After taking out the onion, you put it the beef. )
  • button mushroom (a can product. The mushrooms were rather large so I cut them up into four. Do not throw away the juice. You need that)
  • ginger (slice it)
  • onion (you are to slice this. Thin slices.)
  • soya sauce
  • corn flour (this you add in the mushroom juice. the last part, pour it in. the flour is to make sure that the gravy is slightly thick. So do not add in a lot. Too thick, it will not taste nice. It will only give you the gowy look)
  • white pepper (as I added in the soya sauce, I did not add salt)

No comments:

Post a Comment